In addition to the General Application Materials, prospective International Students will need to provide supplemental documentation. For any questions about admissions including students who wish to obtain a student visa please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Demonstration of Financial Eligibility
All international students who need an I-20 in order to apply for an F-1 visa, must complete a listing of those persons who will provide financial support for the student. A minimum of at least $30,000 in available funds must be documented for the student to be eligible for an I-20.
Each Financial Sponsor must complete a Declaration of Financial Responsibility. If you are receiving financial support from one or more sponsors, such as a parent and another relative, each sponsor must complete the Statement of Financial Support in which the amount of money each sponsor will provide, is clearly indicated.
Each sponsor must also provide one of the following supporting documents to demonstrate that they have sufficient funds to cover the $30,000 cost of studying in the United States. (Note: All documents must be in English or accompanied by an English translation that has been verified by a bank, legal body, or government office.)
Eligible Supporting Documents include:
- Bank statements, or an official letter from the management at their bank, showing sufficient cash available
- Proof of ownership of easily liquidated assets greater than the $30,000 specified amount
- Proof of sufficient income
Each sponsor must provide a copy of the sponsor’s passport identification page, with his or her full name, date of birth, date of issuance, date of expiration, and nation issuing the passport.
Emerson Preparatory School/ Emerson Institute reserves the right to request additional documentation at any time during a student’s study at the school.
Steps for Admission
- Must submit all required General Application Materials for Emerson Preparatory School
- Must submit copies of the TOEFL test results (where applicable)
- Request an interview with the Head of School, either in person or by Skype.
Emerson will make its decision regarding acceptance once all of application materials have been received.
Accepted International Applicants
Accepted applicants must submit all of the following documentation to obtain an I-20 document.
Verification of Student’s Passport and Visa Status
- A Signed Statement of the Applicant’s Current Visa Status
- A copy of the Applicant’s Passport Identification Page including full name, date of birth, date of issuance, date of expiration and national granting the passport.
Verification of Financial Support
- A listing of those persons who will provide Financial Support for the Applicant
- A copy of the Statement of Financial Support from EACH of the persons listed in Declaration of Support
- A copy of each Financial Sponsor’s Passport Identification Page including full name, date of birth, date of issuance, date of expiration and national granting the passport.
Verification of Local Guardianship Agreements
Getting an I-20 Visa
Finalize your Emerson Enrollment by submitting the following:
- Return a Signed Academic Contract agreeing to the terms of matriculation at Emerson Preparatory School.
- Remit a non-refundable $1,500 deposit.
Emerson will then expedite the processing of the I-20 document. The I-20 will be transmitted to the Student for use at their Visa Interview at the United States Embassy.
Before The Start of Classes
PRIOR to beginning classes at Emerson, International Students must also submit:
- Complete payment of the Tuition and Fees
- Health Documentation
- Documentation of student health insurance coverage for the duration of his/her stay in the U.S. [Emerson recommends “International Student Health Insurance” www.isoa.org, 800-244-1180.]
- Documentation of a complete physical examination
- Documentation of all necessary immunizations
- Documentation of a complete dental examination
- Agreements and Permissions (required of all students)
- A Signed Emergency Contact & Release form
- A Signed Student Code of Conduct Agreement
- A Signed Field Trip Permission Form
- A Signed Student Image Release Form
Estimated annual expenses
Estimated School Expenses per year:
Tuition and fees for 2 semesters
Books and supplies for 2 semesters
Estimated Living Expenses per year:
Health insurance for 1 year
Personal Misc. Expenses
Total Estimated Annual Expenses:
- The data provided above is an approximation and is intended for guidance purposes only.
- Tuition and laboratory fees are estimates and vary each year.
- The school does not collect money to be applied to living expenses. The figures used to approximate living expenses are intended for guidance purposes only and may vary significantly.
- A student must be able to demonstrate the ability to pay $30,000 annually in order to be eligible for an I-20.